January 13, 2008

Mmmmmm Good!

We had the most amazing dinner tonight! Have I ever mentioned how great of a cook my husband is? Well, he is absolutely amazing! Tonight we had jumbo pasta shells, stuffed with cream cheese, fresh mozzerella cheese, cottage cheese, parsley, and minced andoili sausage. S made his own pasta sauce which is really good! A caesar salad with this really good dressing. It is Lite.hou.se dressing. I found it at Wa.lmar.t. It is in the produce section. It is the best caesar dressing I have found out there. Anyway, back to dinner. S baked the stuffed shells and them plated them with a bit of pasta sauce and more andoili sausage. Ohhhhhhhh so good! And for dessert we had a trifle with cubes of pound cake, strawberries, raspberries, whip cream, and some strawberry puree. Mmmmmm good! This was our second meal in our new dining room. Yes, the remodel is just about done. It has been a long few months between the kitchen and the breezeway/dining room, but there is an end in sight! The last few things that we need are doors for the coat closet and trim work. We are thinking about putting a stained glass window in this cut out area that we have. We just need to find a large enough window that won't break the bank. It may be a while before we find the right piece and get it all finished. At least the room is usable. We bought a new dining set from Slum.ber.land. It is really nice. It is a table with drop leaves, 4 chairs, and a long bench. I really like the bench. We actually bought 2 benches and one is being used near the entry to sit on to take your shoes off. The room as a whole looks great.

Kt and J came over for dinner tonight to enjoy the amazing meal with us. They are great company and are very appreciative about everything. I don't know how many times Kt said how great the meal was. I am not complaining about this as I completely agree with her. It is just really nice to know that she genuinely enjoys spending time with us. I don't know how many times we clinked our glasses, but it was a few. She also brought over a little house warming gift for us now that our house has become our home. It was alcohol. I can't think of a better gift than some great drinks. So of course we had to crack them open and have a few drinks. We had espresso martinis, which S has dubbed as capatinis, as they have 4 shots of espresso in them. They were delicious! I am not much of a martini fan, but these were good. Then we opened an always tasty bottle of E and D's wine. It was their cherry version. Wow that was good too!

All in all the night was really fun. Kt and I got to bs while the guys made the entire meal. Yes, you heard me correct, the guys made the entire meal while we sat and drank martinis. Could life get any better?

Well, I am off to bed. Now that I am on days I have to get to bed earlier. Just a note to Kt and J. We love your company and look forward to many more meals shared with you two! Hope you enjoyed yourselves as much as we did.

Off to bed,
Kt

Oh... if you want to see pics of the meal and our new breezeway/dining room, check out S's blog, everyoneneedsaride.blogspot.com.

No comments: