January 16, 2008

Not Much Happening

Work has been a bit crazy lately. We have had a lot of newsies calling about an explosion that happened in the area. Well, it was some guy who decided to blow up a dump truck in his front yard. He is currently in our jail and will be facing several charges. The problem with this event is that he lives near a Nuclear Plant. You can read more about this at the website for the Republican Eagle Newspaper. There have been several articles. I believe that the Minneapolis/St Paul newspapers have also been covering the event. Enough about that!

My sis and I are talking about opening our own gift shop in our pretty little town. We went to B and N the other day and bought a bunch of books on starting your own business. We also sent in a request to a group called SCORE who helps people start businesses and gives out business advise. It is a group of retired business men and women who are putting their expertise to work for others. We filled out a form for SCORE and are waiting to hear back about setting up an appt with them. My sis and I have both worked in gift shops before. K worked in one for about 10 yrs. and I worked at the same shop on and off for several years. We are also looking for a space for our store. There are not many spaces available at this time in our town, but there is one building that we both love. The only problem is you can't rent the building, you have to buy it. And there are 2 apts above the storefront. I don't know if we have the funds available to start and business and buy a building. We also run across the issue of finding quality renters. I think that we need to just sit down and talk about it and maybe take a look at the building. Who knows, maybe we will absolutely love it all and want to buy it. Probably not, but who knows!

Anyway, there isn't much going on today. S is at work and I am obviously sitting at my computer catching up on things. I am going to say bye for now. Maybe I will post again tonight depending upon what happens during my day.

Tata for now,
Kt

5 comments:

TEACHBROECK said...

Who blows up a dump truck anyway??

Chastity said...

Maybe you could buy the building, sell your homes, and both live above the business!

Greg said...

I hope you guys can do this!! I think you would be great at it.

Can you believe bomb boy got released without bail!?!?!?!

Rediculous.

Nellie said...

My hubby needs a spelling lesson.

Kt said...

He was close enough. I got the point!