January 20, 2008

Homicide...the word of the day!

Well, looks like my quiet Sunday was turned into the day from hell. There was a homicide in my pretty little town last night. Looks like some people just can't get along. Well, this makes my day crazy! With newsies calling and people related to the victim calling, my day was packed. Then not to mention the search being on for the suspects. There were so many officers and investigators on today that I couldn't keep them all straight. It is nice in my line of work that you become very familiar with voices. You can pretty much know who the person is just by hearing them say hello or just by catching a little of what they are saying on the radio. That is a godsend! Today with how many people were working we would have been lost if we did not have the years of experience that we have. We have pretty much worked at least a few shifts with every officer/deputy/investigator/trooper that was working. So my sudoku playing Sunday was nonexistent. Oh well, at least the day went really fast. The suspects were apprehended and have been hauled to jail. There is nothing better than to close an icr(complaint) with an arrest. Especially when it is a homicide.

So home I came right after work. I am spent and am really looking forward to sleeping tonight and not having to be up by 6 a.m. And what better to come home to than a pot of chili and a steak dinner. No we are not eating both tonight. The pot of chili is for the next week as leftovers. But the steak, garlic mash potatoes, asparagus, and crescent rolls are for dinner tonight! It looks like it is almost done, so I am going to boogey.

My growling stomach says goodnight,
Kt

By the way the chili tastes great. I had to have a little taste!

4 comments:

TEACHBROECK said...

ON the 10 oclock news they had reported at 19 year old arrested for homocide. 19!!!!!!! SCary stuff. Thank goodness for people like you trying to keep the justice around here. We also had 2 eldery people killed in an accident on our town hill Sunday...very sad.

Kt said...

I am guessing that you live near us. I spoke with the county dispatch across the river and they stated that their body count for the day was 7. And that was at 5 p.m., they still had quite a few hours to go. They stated no homicides, but a few fatal accidents and a suicide. Thank goodness that was not our county! I don't think we would have had enough officers/deputies to cover it as they were all tied up!

TEACHBROECK said...

HOLY SHITBALLS! The 27 year that was shot was watching 2 little girls I know! I have their cousin in my class and there father was IN OUR WEDDING! The interview with their mom freaked my out on Channel 5 news. I hav eonly met her in passing, but they meniton the kids! SCARY!

Greg said...

UUUGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!! Homicide has been the word of the day for like 2YEARS NOW. Please post. Something new. Something at all. Anything will do. I don't care if it is to tell us that you dropped a huge duce in the toilet, just give us something for god sake.

From you loving BIL