April 22, 2008

My 100 Things...

I have seen others do this list and have never really thought about it before, but since I am sick and can't think of anything better to do tonight...here I go.

1. I am stubborn, just ask any of my family members.
2. I love my husband very much, he is my other half.
3. We have 2 dogs, Raven and Junior.
4. We bought Raven right after we bought our house and we were only supposed to have Junior for the weekend and we have now had him for over a year.
5. I don't travel without my pillow...I love my pillow.
6. I listen to KTIS 99% of the time.
7. I love to talk about anything and I will talk it to death.
8. I read more books that I watch movies in a year. I love books.
9. I have rediscovered the library, because I think Scott will kill me if I bring home another book that I have purchased.
10. I love huge, oversized sweatshirts...even though my husband hates them.
11. I have amazing people in my life who love and support me. I love to love them and support them back.
12. I love to counsel people.
13. I want to go back to school.
14. I am a 911 dispatcher.
15. My lucky number is 3.
16. A few of my favorite bible verses are Jer 29:11, 2 Tim 1:7, Luke 1:37, Ecc 4:12, John 3:16, and 1 Cor 13:4-7, 13.
17. I love that my husband loves to cook. I would probably starve otherwise.
18. I love peach tea. I drank a gallon of it today.
19. I love fountain pop and I love drinking from straws.
20. I find baking to be very therapeutic.
21. Sudoku rocks.
22. I am a very emotional person, but love myself for that.
23. I have had more cars since I have been married than I had when I was single.
24. I loved my Aztek the best. I waited a long time to get that car.
25. I am not very good at blogging. As you are all very well aware.
26. I have a bizarre issue with having my food touching on my plate. Scott is trying to break this habit, but it is still holding strong as of now.
27. I am good at multi-tasking, which make my job easier, but I can't multi-task worth crap when I am at home.
28. I am not very good at making decisions, but when I am at work and have to make a split second decision I can do it without missing a beat. Figure that one out.
29. I just take a really long time to make a decision. I can't just be thrown into something.
30. I can't believe that I have come up with this many things in one sitting.
31. I am really bad at cleaning...apparently my sister inherited all of those jeans from my father.
32. I am a very patient person...which my sister didn't really inherit much of.
33. I love Diet Mountain Dew. I can't drink the real stuff anymore...it is way too sweet. Didn't think I would ever love a diet soda more then the regular.
34. I love any kind of food...mexican, italian, american, chinese, thai, etc. I just love food.
35. I used to hate flip flops, the piece between the toes used to drive me crazy. Now that is all I wear in the summer. My husband used to have the same problem until he married me.
36. I love the saying, "Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want".
37. My husband make really great smoothies. He needs to learn to make a Pomamango smoothie like Caribou.
38. I used to hate the color yellow, but now I have a yellow kitchen and dining room. I guess it grew on me.
39. I won't chew on my fingernails if they have polish on them. That goes for my toes too. Just kidding!
40. I love Half Baked ice cream. I really don't care for chocolate ice cream, but this combination really seems to do it for me. I bought 2 little cartons of it today. One is for Scott if he gets to it before I do.
41. I love to sing to the radio. I don't do this in front of people as I am not very good at it. I hum if other people are around and it drives Scott crazy.
42. I want to make wedding cakes at some point in my life.
43. I really like the color pink, more of a fuchsia than a pastel pink.
44. I dye my hair dark for the fall and winter and light for the spring and summer.
45. I love Nichole Nordeman. She is very inspirational and has the best lyrics.
46. The best time of spring is right at the beginning when you get to start opening your windows and let the breeze blow through.
47. Fall is my favorite time of the year. I love wearing sweaters and sweatshirts with flip flops and going to the apple orchard.
48. I have a few very close friends. You all know who you are. I love all of you and am glad God brought you into my life. You all have such different things to offer.
49. We went to Door County, WI for our honeymoon. I am looking forward to the day we can go back! It was so beautiful there. Lots of good site seeing.
50. Wow, I am half way there.
51. My family is very important to me. I believe I have the best family that God could offer anyone. They are my best friends.
52. I am amazed by my niece everytime I see her. She is going to be 2 next month and always has something new to say or show you.
53. I can't wait for the day that Scott and I have our first child!
54. I would also like to adopt children.
55. We would definitely need a bigger house at that point.
56. I love to travel, but haven't done much lately. Scott and I are going to Milwaukee for the Twins/Brewers games in June. I can't wait.
57. I love to scrapbook and bought a little scrapbook to do after our trip.
58. My dad is the best at doing laundry. I wish that I could pay him to do mine. He can fold a sheet like you wouldn't believe. I think that he should teach a community ed class about folding clothes.
59. There was a girl in high school who used to tease me about my clothes, because they always looked new. They had a crease down the front from being folded so perfectly by my dad.
60. Yes, my dad did my laundry. He always made sure that I brought my laundry home from college so he could do it for me.
61. My mom is a beautiful woman! She thinks that her salt and pepper hair makes her look old, but it just makes her more beautiful.
62. My mom is a great cook/baker. I learned to bake from her and my grandmother. I have some of their recipes that I will someday share with my children.
63. This is going to be a really long entry!
64. I am really excited about my meeting tomorrow night. We are meeting with the owners of a business that we are looking into buying. They are going to give us figures and a price. I can't wait!
65. I wish my backyard was fenced in so I could send my dogs outside for the day. And I could go out there and throw the ball with them.
66. My kitchen is so nice! I love how the remodel turned out. It was a pain in the butt during the remodel, but the end result made it worth the hassle.
67. I love that I can have Diet Mountain Dew and Half Baked ice cream for breakfast.
68. I want to write a book someday. I don't know what it will be about. I just know that I want to write one.
69. I love Meg Cabot, James Patterson, Karen Kingsbury, Dee Henderson, etc. I love reading books by these people.
70. I love books that make you cry and laugh at the same time.
71. I need to spend more time reading my Bible.
72. I am looking forward to starting a devotional book with my husband. It is about reconnecting. I can't wait!
73. I can't wait for the day that I can accept a compliment and say thank you instead of brushing it off.
74. I love juicy pear Jelly Bellys. They were the treat that we gave to the guests at our wedding. We were the "Perfect Pair".
75. I want to take Scott to Hawaii some day. I went there for spring break in 2000. I know that Scott will love it there!
76. I love giving gifts to other people. I wish I had more money to give to others.
77. I am not very good at journaling. I used to do it all the time, but have kind of gotten out of the habit.
78. I like my job, but it isn't something I want to do for the rest of my life.
79. My job has made me nosy. I don't really like this trait. It seems to be very negative.
80. I love that God gives me scripture that is relevant to the problem that I am having. I just need to open my ears and listen to him.
81. I like spending time alone. This is new for me. I never used to like this.
82. I like houses that look lived in. I take it as a compliment that someone can come into my house and dig through my fridge for something to drink/eat.
83. I picked out my own wedding ring. I just didn't know when I was going to get it.
84. I have lived in one town all my life. I did leave to go to college, but never really left my hometown. I am proud to be from here!
85. I love to watch sports, especially hockey, football, baseball, and tennis. I love tennis. I need to get back out there and start playing again.
86. I need to learn to be better with my money. I spend too much! I am trying to change this, but it is really hard.
87. I love going to women's conferences! The Women Of Faith is one of my favorites! They come to MN every October. I am really looking forward to seeing them this year. They get you back on track. Lisa Bevere is another amazing speaker.
88. I do not have a green thumb. I have the thumb of death. I can't keep a plant alive for the life of me. They are doomed as soon as I buy them.
89. I worked at Perkin's for years(7) before I got my real job as a dispatcher.
90. I really like my boss. I am really going to miss her when I leave my current job. She is really funny and makes me laugh constantly!
91. I love to laugh! Whether it is at myself or at something funny. I love laughing until I cry.
92. I think that hard work is good for the soul. I like to be able to look at something I have done and feel accomplished.
93. I like to see the positive in things. I don't really have time for negativity! It takes you in too many directions.
94. I am really bad at surprises! I can't keep them in. I have to tell someone! I have one in store for my husband and all I want to do is tell him. I don't know how much longer I can keep it in! It is such a little surprise, but I am having a hard time keeping it to myself.
95. I need to understand that change is scary, but that doesn't mean it is bad. Change can be very positive, you just have to make it that way.
96. I love being outdoors! Especially when the sun it out.
97. I really wish I had a hammock so I could lay outside and read a book without the ants crawling on me. And it wouldn't matter if I fell asleep! It would also be fun to lay in at night at watch the stars. The other night was perfect for this.
98. I wish that they wouldn't cut parts out of movies when they show them on tv. The movie just isn't the same when it isn't shown in it's entirety.
99. There is an exercise bike that has been sitting in our backyard since the day we moved in. It is kind of a conversation piece.
100. I hope you all take the time to read these and learn a little bit more about me!

No comments: