April 23, 2008

Wow, 3 in a row!

Don't get to used to it, I am sure that I will flub it up one of these days.

I just need to share something that my husband said last night that really touched my heart. He had a frustrating day at work yesterday and when he came home last night, he was sharing it with me. Then he said something to this effect, "Today was really frustrating, but that is okay because I get to come home to you, these 2 buttheads(our dogs), and this house." That made my night. I thanked him for saying such a thing! It is nice to hear this every once in a while.

I love that Scott can come home and share his day with me. I am just a listener. I don't give feedback unless I feel that it is necessary. It is just him trying to vent his day so I sit with open ears and just listen. Sometimes that is all people need, just someone to listen to them.

God gave us 1 mouth and 2 ears. We should listen twice as much as we talk. This is something that is hard for me as I like to talk things to death! I really need to remind myself of this.

3 comments:

everyone needs a ride! said...

Thanks honey! I didn't know that a little comment of that nature would affect you as much as it did. Your response last night caught me off guard. Usually I would expect a scarcastic "oh thanks alot". But, instead it was a heartfelt "Thank you". Really caught me off guard. As you can see I'm making improvements.

Kt said...

Me too honey, me too!

Amanda said...

You sound like a lovely couple!
Sending my love to you both x

Amanda