October 10, 2007

I Love To Read, But Hate Water in My Basement

As I mentioned in my last post, I love to read. I work in a job where we are not allowed to watch tv until after midnight and seeing as 9 hrs of my shift happen before midnight, I need something to fill my time when we are not busy. So, therefore I read.....a lot!!!! I read 4 books this last week. I love James Patterson and Janet Evanovich.

I read Plum Lovin' by Janet Evanovich. It was a filler book. I really love her Stephanie Plum series. They get you rolling on the floor laughing!!!! All of the ladies that I work with, and some of the men, have read these books and we all have the same reaction. We just can't get enough!!!! This one was not part of her series, but the main character is Stephanie Plum, bond enforcement extraodinare!!! The situations she gets herself into are priceless!!!!!

Then I read 3 James Patterson books...The Quickie, You've Been Warned, and Step on a Crack. Don't bother reading You've Been Warned, it was not a good book!!!! It is a waste of money to buy it, so don't. If you insist on reading it, check it out from your local library!!!! The other two were great. The Quickie had so many twist and turns, my head was spinning!!!! I love that. I think they need to make more of his books into movies. They make great suspense/thrillers!!! I would love to see all of his books(except You've Been Warned) made into movies. I would buy them for sure. I know that S would love the movies, but I wish I could get him to read a book. It is almost like it would kill him to pick one up and try it!!! I think he would really enjoy it. If only I could get the XBox 360 controller out of his hand! Oh well, maybe someday.

S woke me up yesterday morning and told me that our basement was flooded from all of the rain that we have been getting. It was 8 am. For a girl who goes to bed around 3 am, that was a little early!!!!! I went downstairs and was barely comprehending what he was telling me. I actually think he wanted me to start cleaning it up, but I was so out of it I wasn't sure. He jumped in the shower and left for work, and I crawled back in bed. He called me about 30 minutes later and woke me up. He was asking how the basement cleaning was going. I told him I was sleeping and would get to it. He said that the shop vac was in the garage, so I went in search of it. I was still on the phone with him while I was searching our garage and told him that it was no where to be found. I found the hose attachment for it, but couldn't find the vacuum. So I hung up the phone with him and took some towels downstairs to start cleaning. After soaking through a few towels I decided that sucked and went back in search of the shop vac. This time I opened the garage door and it was sitting directly in front of me. Remember I said that he called and woke me up. Apparently I was sooooooooooo tired that I couldn't see what was right in front of me!!!!! To make it even worse, the hose attachments that I saw were actually attached to the vacuum!!!! Yeah, I guess I was a walking zombie the first time I looked for it. So off to the basement I went again. I started moving things around and getting things cleaned up, but I hate bugs and spiders. There were a bunch of them back in the spare room that we never use. I eventually got so grossed out that I couldn't clean anymore and had to call it quits. I called S at work and told him that I had the creepy crawlies and couldn't do anymore. For the next 3 hours I felt like I had bugs and spiders crawling all over me. The feeling would not go away. But the basement is now water free and a bit cleaner than it was before, so I guess something good came out of it.

I guess I am off to bed. Hope you all have a good day!!!!

See ya, Kt

1 comment:

Greg said...

I have to say thank you for getting me to start reading 2 years ago while on vacation! I now also read about 3 books a week while we are on nights.

I also hate water in my basement and you-n-S should be happy that it does not come in your basement everytime it rains and every spring when the ground thaws.

Have a good weekend at work and I hope it is not to busy!