October 18, 2007

Wow, What a Night!!!!!

I woke up feeling pretty crappy today and didn't really want to go to work!!!! I got myself dressed in my uniform and was getting my food together for the night when my phone rang. I was trying to get ready early so I could go and get some lunch. It was my boss on the phone telling me that one of my partners called in sick and she was wondering if I wanted to come in later so I could stay later. Usually I would have gone in at my usual time and taken the extra hours as comp, but because I have been feeling so crappy I decided that I would go in at 1630 hrs and work until 0400 hrs. I usually work from 1430 hrs to 0200 hrs. Tonight was terrible. I don't think anyone could have gotten along tonight if they were paid a million dollars. We had domestics up the ying yang!!!!! One after the other. I couldn't believe it!!!! I am used to maybe 1 or 2 a night, but come on....I think we ended up with 7!!!! Can't we all just get along!!! Obviously there was something in the water tonight. Talk about getting the adrenaline pumping!!!! I am going to be up for hours now, because I have to come down off my high! I am hoping that I am so exhausted by 0600 hrs that I will crash then. We will see.

To top my night off, we had someone who didn't really want to live call us tonight. These are always fun calls to get!!!! Not!!!! But I have to say that the officer who spoke with this individual did an amazing job!!!!! I am glad that he got to talk with this person and neither my partner nor I had to do it. It made the last couple of hours of my shift go by pretty quick, but now my adrenaline is so high, like I said before, that now I won't be able to sleep for hours. Hopefully it will only be 1 or 2 hours!!!!

All in a days work. A day in the life of a dispatcher.

I am going to go and read and try to calm down a little bit. I have stopped shaking, which is a good thing. I think I stopped a little bit after we started the call, I can't remember. My body goes into auto mode when there are things that I need to do and I know I need to do them now. I don't really remember much of what I did in the last few hours. Oh well.

I am out for the night.

Night, Kt

No comments: